I’m working on plotting a story, and I want to avoid falling into typical issues. If you were to create a character of a “minority” (man, i hate using that word and its implications sometimes) as a superhero or supervillain, how would you do it?
Specifically, ethnicities other than white, bodytypes other than olympian gods and anatomically impossible female physiques (like nearly all superheroes), religions other than christian, nationalities other than American, gender and sexual identities other than straight cisgender male, or disabled people?
What are subjects related to that which you would would avoid at all costs?
What are subjects you would emphasize?
And will you reblog this so I get a larger sample size?
- ayellowbirds reblogged this from blackphoenix77 and added:
- ayellowbirds likes this
- blackphoenix77 reblogged this from ayellowbirds and added:
- blackphoenix77 likes this
- zombiekathy reblogged this from ayellowbirds and added:
- zombieworth reblogged this from ayellowbirds
- zombiekathy answered: “zombie” superhero? Or someone who had something like tetrology of fallot and is now fine?
- ayellowbirds posted this